- Business Name: International Federation of Journalists
- Website URL: http://www.ifj.org/
- Email Address: ifj@ifj .org
- Address: IPC-Residence Palace
- Address 2: Rue de la Loi 155
- Town or Area: Bloc. C
- County: Brussels
- Country: Belgium
- Postal Code: B-1040
- Listed: October 29, 2014 9:08 am
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) is the world’s largest organisation of journalists. First established in 1926, it was re-launched in 1946 and again, in its present form, in 1952. Today the Federation represents around 600.000 members in more than 100 countries.
The IFJ promotes international action to defend press freedom and social justice through strong, free and independent trade unions of journalists.
The IFJ does not subscribe to any given political viewpoint, but promotes human rights, democracy and pluralism.
The IFJ is opposed to discrimination of all kinds and condemns the use of media as propaganda or to promote intolerance and conflict.
The IFJ believes in freedom of political and cultural expression and defends trade union and other basic human rights.
The IFJ is the organisation that speaks for journalists within the United Nations system and within the international trade union movement.
The IFJ supports journalists and their unions whenever they are fighting for their industrial and professional rights and has established an International Safety Fund to provide humanitarian aid for journalists in need.
IFJ policy is decided by the Congress which meets every three years and work is carried out by the Secretariat based in Brussels under the direction of an elected Executive Committee. The last Congress was held in Dublin, Ireland from 4 to 7 June 2013.
1082 total views, 1 today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Adminstrator
- Member Since: October 28, 2014
Other items listed by Adminstrator
- British Institute of Professional Photography
- Portrait Photographer Antas
- Editorial Photographers (EPUK)
- The Association of Photographers
- National Union of Journalists